2koolperformance 5pointcottage burgerworld northbayatvclub 2koolperformance 5pointcottage
Quaddealers
News and Announcements
Mudhole Links
Mudhole.ca is for sale!!
Contact Larry via email at admin@mudhole.ca for info!!

It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:27 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:35 am 

Is it my imagination? Is there a general drift away from ATV forums?

I bought my ATV eleven years ago, joined GLATV Club in Innerkip and their forum was a busy spot. Very busy. Today, not so. The Mudhole website I've been a member since 2006, similar. I remember it was a very busy spot, you were afraid to go to the washroom for fear of being left behind.

Northern Ontario last reply December, Southern Ontario was September. In the manufactures section some replies go back a year and a half. The "Fix It" section replies are from August of this year back to Feb 2012. These are just a couple examples.

Now I understand this is the quiet time of the year, riding wise, but it seems to me that there were constant "help me with my problem/what tire does everyone recommend/where can I find/who has done this before/I want to buy-sell something", and on and on. Even the Mudster had less than stellar results from his post earlier in the year.

I'm going to suggest a year, maybe year and a half now I've see the slide. Even the teasing, the kabitsin'.

Where has it gone? Any one got any takes?

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:47 am 
Owner

I believe a lot of members are using Facebook as a info place for riding, we hope it comes full circle but not counting on it lol. :confused:

2005 Kingquad
27" Outlaws MST
EPI Clutch Kit

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:52 am 

My Ride: 2010 Can-Am 800R XTP
i think most people have gone over to Facebook groups. Larger groups and more diverse, As well as easier to converse with people. And others have gone to specific forums for their brand of machine. I've been on the Can-Am Forum for a few years now and its always active.

2014 CAN-AM Renegade 1000 Xxc / CVTech clutch / WildBoar Front/Rear Bumpers and Rear Rack / Warn RT30 Winch / Riccochet Skids / 28" Mega Mayhems / 12" MSA Nuke Rims / 2" Rox Bar Riser / Ogio Rear Bag / Kolpin Fuel Pack / RAM GPS Mount / Muzzy Dual Slip-on Exhaust / Muzzy Digi-tuner

2010 Can-Am Outlander 800R XT-P - Sold

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:01 pm 
Owner

Another thing i just noticed is members are not signing in to read posts, i checked the back end of the site and we have 3 members logged on and like 58 guests, some are spy bots from google but there are a lot of guests in different parts of the mudhole as i can see where every1 is.

2005 Kingquad
27" Outlaws MST
EPI Clutch Kit

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:15 pm 

My Ride: 2009 Yamaha 550 EFI/
Nope, not your imagination, like someone said some of the clubs have meandered over to facebook. I would have thought there might have been a bit more activity of late due to trails still being open. I know some of the guys went out for a ride today at Anten Mills. I would have gone however with no truck to pull the trailer at the moment, sooo I was SOL.

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:25 am 

My Ride: 07 kodiak 450 se
I follow a couple other forums from the states and it is as active as this one in posts. They may more viewing as guests but actual members on is low for the amount of members. There a lot more guys posting video and pics though not so much on this site. I try to check this site weekly but yes it is not like it was a few years back when you use to have to check hourly to see what you missed.

07 Kodiak 450 SE
25" BIGHORNS
Epi clutch kit
Heated grips
Windshield

85 moto4 80cc

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:45 am 

My Ride: xp and rzr
BigShook wrote:
i think most people have gone over to Facebook groups. Larger groups and more diverse, As well as easier to converse with people. And others have gone to specific forums for their brand of machine. I've been on the Can-Am Forum for a few years now and its always active.

got a link to the fb groups?

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:42 am 

I guess that's my problem. I don't do Facebook. Not into that, would rather pick up some tools and fiddle. That's my old school talkin'.
My wife is on Facebook so I asked her to take me by the hand and guide me forth. So I searched four ATV clubs, a couple ATV related topics. I even tried to pursue my earlier post ATV/Train tours out of Saulte Ste Marie ( posted in Northern Ontario section a few weeks back ) Nothing to speak of. I guess I'll have to resort to " The secret Weapon ", the Granddaughter. She's eight, old enough to know - young enough not to be sarcastic.

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:40 pm 

My Ride: 2010 Can-Am 800R XTP
stimleck wrote:
BigShook wrote:

got a link to the fb groups?

Some of the ones Im always looking at are ATV Junkies(GTA area seems where a lot are from on there). Quad City Brawlers(Kingston and surrounding areas). Then theres pages like Places to ATV in Ontario, Napanee ATV Club and pretty much any ATV Club out there has a page. Im heavy into my Can-Am so theres Can-Am Clutching & Tuning, Canadian Can-Am swap Shop, Can-Am Monsters.

2014 CAN-AM Renegade 1000 Xxc / CVTech clutch / WildBoar Front/Rear Bumpers and Rear Rack / Warn RT30 Winch / Riccochet Skids / 28" Mega Mayhems / 12" MSA Nuke Rims / 2" Rox Bar Riser / Ogio Rear Bag / Kolpin Fuel Pack / RAM GPS Mount / Muzzy Dual Slip-on Exhaust / Muzzy Digi-tuner

2010 Can-Am Outlander 800R XT-P - Sold

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:50 pm 

My Ride: 13 CanAm 1000XT Max
I would have to agree after a couple of years away I was surprised how quiet it has gotten. Personally said all I had to say about ATVing in Ontario, all talked out. Used to have all the answers what a bunch of BS that was, my apologies to those who read my dribble.

Not sure I buy the Facebook idea entirely although for sure it has had some impact. Just thankful for the groups that keep the riding opportunities there for us (the precious few). Just reach in my wallet hand over the money and say "Thank You" to all the great volunteers.

Hey how is that one pass thing going anyway? :lol6 :lol6

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:39 am 

I think a lot of members have gone to brand dedicated forums where more specific information on their rides is available.
I do however hope this site picks up come riding season as those of us rural really wouldn't fit into populas specific clubs like GTA, Kingston, etc.
For rural poker runs & rides this site seems to be of most benefit as it covers the province.
I hope we survive....I too don't do facebook, seems like mostly gab sessions.

04 Grizz sold good machine hard on wheel bearings
04 Bomb sold POS
00 Cat sold good machine
89 Suz 4x sold good machine
couple Hondas sold
Argo sold

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:37 pm 
Senior Moderator

My Ride: GNX
Buttsy wrote:

Hey how is that one pass thing going anyway? :lol6 :lol6

Time to fire up "Spaso" Buttsy! :lol6

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:40 pm 

My Ride: 08 500 Sportsmen X2
I think a lot has to go to a lot of problems have been sorted out. 2 up side by sides allowed on roads. Most people have excepted the fact that clubs are there to help riders, keep trails open and build relations with clubs or different organization. I believe atving has come leaps and bonds in the last 5 years and we have a way to go yet but all the nasty stuff is behind us. We have way more info out there that was never there before. my thoughts only

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:49 pm 
Senior Moderator

My Ride: GNX
skiddybear wrote:
I think a lot has to go to a lot of problems have been sorted out. 2 up side by sides allowed on roads. Most people have excepted the fact that clubs are there to help riders, keep trails open and build relations with clubs or different organization. I believe atving has come leaps and bonds in the last 5 years and we have a way to go yet but all the nasty stuff is behind us. We have way more info out there that was never there before. my thoughts only

I would have to agree Skiddybear, all fair comments for sure, this sport has come a very long way since 2001. Back then the only info you could get was through forums, the first forum I remember was 'ATV Time'. This forum was in fact started by members of ATV Time.

Nice hearing from you again,
Sting :wink:

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:44 am 

My Ride: 13 CanAm 1000XT Max
skiddybear wrote:

Great News indeed!